First Moon Circle $150
Time & Location
About the Event
PART 1: Periods, puberty and cycles ( 2 hours )
We start with a 2h experience just for the group to come together, have fun, be silly, make new friends, and learn accurate information about what's happening to their physical body, as well as their emotional and spiritual selves as they approach and encounter menarche (the first period, or first moon).
Here First Mooners learn about:
- What periods and puberty are, what happens during this stage of development and what they can expect to notice, sense and feel within their body and emotions,
- An introduction to the female body, hormones, and the reproductive system,
- Introduction to Cycle Awareness (remember, the period is just 1 part of a 4 stage cycle!) and how our energy, superpowers and needs change across the month,
- Introduction to self-care for their cycle (a couple of examples include: why rest is important, why its ok if suddenly they might feel a bit cranky and how to nurture themselves through the pre-menstrual phase),
- Body and earth friendly period product options and a chance to play with different options,
- And they can ask me any and all awkward, embarrassing, curious questions they've not felt able to ask yet.
PART 2: Celebrating with our loved ones ( 1 hour )
A celebratory afternoon tea where Mums/Nanas/Carers are invited to join us to share what the girls have discovered, whilst the elders are invited to share positive guidance and beautiful wishes they have for the girls in their lifetime.
Here the intentions are to:
- Role model that it is possible to talk openly about periods and puberty amongst friends and adults,
- Give the parents an opportunity to affirm the positive learning and experience, and to encourage the girls to be able to talk to them about personal topics,
- Parents share wisdom with everyone present, which helps the girls feel supported and remember that they are not alone, and that all womxn before them have been through the same experience.
- Girls share what they have learned with the adults which will no-doubt offer you new knowledge yourself!
- To celebrate a very special time in a person's life - and to frame the natural process as normal, healthy, magical, and a time a girl meets her power.