The Butterfly Moment - Starting High School
Time & Location
About the Event
The Butterfly Moment - is a one day workshop for girls who are finishing year 6 and are going into Year 7. After teaching at Whitebriidge high school for 15 years, I have decided to step out into a more supportive role, and help our girl's during this big, beautiful, moment of change.
This program gives girls a safe space to connect, and support one another as they take flight, from the cocoon of primary school, into the world of high school. The workshop includes a variety of activities including: craft, drama games, role play, discussions, worksheets, brainstorms and group, partner and individual activities.
The Butterfly Moment workshop gives girls the opportunity to reflect on their expectations, worries and hopes for this next, exciting stage of their lives and covers the following topics:
*The butterflies in your tummy - worries and nerves about starting high school and healthy ways to cope.
* Positive self talk and self care.
* Growing flowery friendships.
* How to manage friendships on social media and messaging apps.
* What your teen brain is doing and relaxation and mindfulness ideas that help.
* How to have a growth mindset. (How to keep trying!)
* Goals and dreams for the coming year
and your changing identity.
- The Butterfly Moment$115$1150$0